Thursday, November 26, 2009

The Full Circle: The Beginning

Amy Lowell said, "Art is the desire of woman to express herself, to record the reactions of her personality to the world she lives in."

Honestly, this quote could have stopped before the first comma. "The desire to express herself." Self expression is so powerful. I believe all art has an underlying connection not everyone can easily see. Painting, dance and opera are all connected on an intense frequency of passion. Many people live and die every day without experiencing true passion. This is why only a select few are able to fix their ears to this frequency. It's the humming sound in the museum, it's the smell of resin on the dance floor, it's the excitement of a new, innovative way to express yourself. If you feel this, then you know passion...but what are you doing with it? For many years I sat on my gifts and talents due to personal tragedy. I realize now I had betrayed myself. Years of creativity, never to be recovered.
I write now to express myself in a positive light. The Full Circle of Art is about taking different pieces of art, several genres, styles and comparing them with each other.

I believe, in some way, all art is connected and in one way or more, inspires more art.

ModM

1 comment:

  1. Bravo! I like this. Wow, I thought I was only me with the smells and sounds of places. I totally feel you on this. The "frequency of passion" -- tight.

    ReplyDelete